I say this every year, but I really can’t believe I’ve been a mom for 6 years. I keep telling Blake to stop growing up but he’ll just look at me and say, “No, Mom. I will grow up.”
This year his birthday fell on a Sunday. We hosted a King family Olympic party the night before with cousins, so his birthday was just a bit quiet. In fact, yesterday, he told me that he was sad we didn’t have anyone over for his birthday. I’ll have to remember that for next year.
He wanted a Batman cake, which Brandon so thoughtfully took care of so I wouldn’t have to.
We was thrilled to give a talk in primary and get sung to. He requested mac n’cheese for breakfast, toast for lunch and chocolate croissants for dinner. We did a little switching around of the order, but it was easy for us to make those wishes happen.
His birthday present from us was hockey tickets for a Grizzly game the next day. He had so much fun and got spoiled from Dad with lunch and treats there. He is going to use his birthday money from family to buy a scooter and mini Rubix cube.
Thing I love about Blake right now:
- his willingness to help out when Evelyn or Oliver are sad. He tries to cheer them up by making them laugh.
- He is hilarious. I wish I could write everything down he says because we find ourselves laughing at his quotes often each day.
- He loves to cook since he wants to be a “chef”. He can make toast all by himself and cereal. Anytime I make anything he jumps on the counter and wants to help.
- He loves sleep. He still wants us to lay with him at night. So sweet.
- He is a good friend at school and gets along with most.
- He has started saying more sincere prayers. I love hearing what’s in his heart.