I can’t believe Oliver is going to be one next month!
Things to remember:
- He pulls himself up on everything and has almost stood up on his own
- He started waving
- He still has 4 teeth-top two and bottom two
- He’s been waking up a few times at night, but we’ve done better at sleep training him
- He likes to put right to bed. As soon as we lay him in his crib, he’ll roll over on his tummy, suck his hand and pull the blanket up by his face. Watching this is one of my favorite things.
- He is an independent eater. He likes big pieces of food. For example, if I break up bread, he won’t eat it unless I give him a big piece and he breaks it off himself. He likes Cheerios only if they are spoon fed to him like the big kids. He doesn’t like bananas anymore, but loves to chomp on apple slices. He won’t do baby food, but he loves baked oatmeal.
- He is a curious boy. He will crawl around the main floor, going from kitchen to toy room. Once he finds something interesting, he will usually play quietly with it. He loves playing with the kitchen and likes to pull out all the play food.
- He’s learning how to annoy Blake and Evelyn quite nicely. They constantly complain to me about he has ruined their train tracks or puzzles. He always wants to be right in on the action.
- He’s wearing 12 month-18 month clothes and can share diapers with Evelyn. It’s not that he needs that big yet, but it makes it convenient that they can share.