We celebrated 1 1 years of wedding bliss this weekend! (And to be 100% honest, it hasn’t been aaaaallll bliss. But lots of it!) Thanks to my dad who watched the kids a few days so we could celebrate.
We opted for a staycation in SLC and it proved to be a really good choice!
- Eating dinner at Cheesecake Factory and Maxwell’s
- Taking a morning walk around the city and then a spontaneous scooter adventure
- Binge-watching our favorite Poldark show
- Putname Annual Spelling Bee play at Centerpointe Theater (thanks Sundays for the free tickets)
- Sleeping in
- Morning laps and hot-tubbing at the Hyatt House
- Doing sealings at the Salt Lake Temple where it all started that sunny August 23rd day in 2008
But my absolute favorite thing was just laughing and having this guy all to myself. Life with 4 kids 7 and under is demanding and taxing and sometimes we can never get a word in to each other without someone needing something! So this weekend was such a blessing to have this guy all to myself and be reminded that I love him and I like him.