Grandpa Dave gave us the best Christmas present- money to have an adventure. We didn’t take long to use it. The children had a school break in January before Martin Luther King Jr. Day, so we packed up and surprised them with a staycation!
West Valley is not usually a place we like to go, but we found a fun hotel in that had an indoor waterpark.
- Watching lots of movies and endless popcorn
- Swimming multiple times in the indoor waterpark (and nearly having it to ourselves)
- Going to a Grizzlies hockey game
- Taking our family to Olive Garden for the first time
- Brandon taking the children to the breakfast buffet and letting me sleep in
Little did we know that this would be our last family vacation before everything would start shutting down due to Covid-19.