Deep breaths. I’ve been so stressed out today! I’m trying to remain calm, but trying to do homeschool with the children is so difficult with a rambunctious Eli around.
I always said I wanted to do homeschool at some point in my life. And quite honestly, I really like it when i can get into it. But right now Eli is into everything from toilet water to electric plugs to all the art supplies making it hard for me to focus on helping the children.
By the end of the day, I was feeling out of control. We didn’t get even half of our schoolwork done. The house was a mess and I was a mess. To avoid a big mental breakdown, I went on a walk while Brandon offered to make homemade pizza.
I really had no idea where this shortness of breath and panic was coming from. I had felt pretty fine all week long, but I think maybe I was finally processing what was happening in the world.
The Covid-19 was not just this foreign disease anymore. It has very much changed the climate of the world and OUR worlds so much this week.
- Most restaurants have shut down offering take-out only.
- Gatherings of more than 10 people are not allowed.
- Grocery stores are still open, but quantities are very limited.
- There are designated times for senior citizens to go shopping to avoid being in contact with the virus since they are the most susceptible.
- Dentist and doctor offices are closed.
- The gym I go to is still open, but I don’t think it’s a good idea to go.
- Brandon has lost 18 of 21 projects he had lined up.
But, on a happy note. I’m grateful we are allowed to get outside. I’m grateful that all of us where home together when the earthquake happened and that our home was not damaged. I’m grateful we are healthy. And I’m grateful for these cuties who are refining me and helping me become a better person.